If you are interested in enrolling in a psychology class or degree program, but you can’t find a good school near you — you can always try an online college.
While most students still attend traditional walk-on campuses, online schools are more prevalent than ever before and you can find some good schools that are offering coursework online. Most degree-earning students take at least one online course sometime during their college experience.
And web-based courses can be an ideal way to try out a new major. Perhaps you aren’t convinced that the field of psychology is right for you yet. Well, you can always sign up for two or three web-delivered classes, complete them at your convenience and gauge whether or not you have the interest to pursue this major on a full-time basis.
Psychology is not one of the most common areas of study online, but you can find some terrific classes, courses and even entire degree programs if you need to.
While many students continue on with their studies after earning their bachelor’s degree, others do not. Graduates often take positions in a variety of occupations. Human Resources, for example, is a common area where psych majors often flourish.
Some of the most common career areas psychology students eventually find themselves in include social work; health psychology; counseling; or industrial, clinical, cognitive, forensic or school psychology positions.Generally speaking, these types of positions often require a master’s or doctorate degree.
Here are some popular classes.
- Customize your coursework - select a concentration or specialization to best suit your individual and career goals.
- Learn from renowned faculty with real-world experience and expertise in their respective fields.
- Experience dynamic and engaging content through video conferencing and podcasts to engage in real-time conversation and learn to express ideas succinctly and confidently to a diverse group of peers.
- Receive robust, comprehensive career support services to help you define your career goals and leverage your new degree to the fullest.
- Ed.D. Educational Psychology and Technology
- M.S. Applied Behavior Analysis
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
- And more...
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Psychology
- B.A. in Psychology
- B.A. in Psychology / Human Development, Education and Health
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Science in General Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Forensic Psychology
- M.S. Psychology with an Emphasis in Geropsychology
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Health Psychology
- And more...