If you are interested in enrolling in a psychology class or degree program, but you can’t find a good school near you — you can always try an online college.
While most students still attend traditional walk-on campuses, online schools are more prevalent than ever before and you can find some good schools that are offering coursework online. Most degree-earning students take at least one online course sometime during their college experience.
And web-based courses can be an ideal way to try out a new major. Perhaps you aren’t convinced that the field of psychology is right for you yet. Well, you can always sign up for two or three web-delivered classes, complete them at your convenience and gauge whether or not you have the interest to pursue this major on a full-time basis.
Psychology is not one of the most common areas of study online, but you can find some terrific classes, courses and even entire degree programs if you need to.
While many students continue on with their studies after earning their bachelor’s degree, others do not. Graduates often take positions in a variety of occupations. Human Resources, for example, is a common area where psych majors often flourish.
Some of the most common career areas psychology students eventually find themselves in include social work; health psychology; counseling; or industrial, clinical, cognitive, forensic or school psychology positions.Generally speaking, these types of positions often require a master’s or doctorate degree.
Here are some popular classes.
- Experience a new way of learning through the innovative online experience at Ashford University
- Earn the Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree that fits your professional goals
- Transfer up to 90 approved credits toward your degree
- Accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- BA/Cognitive Studies
- MA Psychology
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Industrial Organizational Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Psychology
- Master of Science in General Psychology
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Psychology - General Psychology
- MS in Psychology
- MS in Psychology - Applied Behavior Analysis Specialization
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Psychology - BA
- General Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- And more...
University of Valley Forge was founded in 1939 and is part of an international network of Assemblies of God colleges and universities.
A private university with undergraduate, graduate and lifelong learning programs, our mission is to prepare individuals for a life of service and leadership in the church and in the world.
- MS - Psychology
- BS in Psychology
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- MA Behavioral Economics
- B.A. in Psychology
- M.A. Psychology
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Psychology (BA)
Adler University Online Graduate Degree Programs
Adler University offers fully online, accredited master’s degrees with the academic rigor, personal attention, and commitment to social responsibility that have distinguished our institution for more than 60 years. Our graduates are prepared as highly effective leaders advocating for stronger, healthier, and safer communities in their professional roles effecting social change as counselors, first responders, corporate managers, military personnel, nonprofit organizers, and more. Established in 1952 to build on the pioneering work of Alfred Adler, the first community psychologist, Adler University is an independent, nonprofit institution.
- Master of Arts in Psychology: Specialization in Military Psychology
- Master of Arts in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Maybe this field isn’t where you want to spend your career. Well, how about business? Business graduates are always in demand. Read more about enrolling at a graduate school for a degree in business.