If you are interested in enrolling in a psychology class or degree program, but you can’t find a good school near you — you can always try an online college.
While most students still attend traditional walk-on campuses, online schools are more prevalent than ever before and you can find some good schools that are offering coursework online. Most degree-earning students take at least one online course sometime during their college experience.
And web-based courses can be an ideal way to try out a new major. Perhaps you aren’t convinced that the field of psychology is right for you yet. Well, you can always sign up for two or three web-delivered classes, complete them at your convenience and gauge whether or not you have the interest to pursue this major on a full-time basis.
Psychology is not one of the most common areas of study online, but you can find some terrific classes, courses and even entire degree programs if you need to.
While many students continue on with their studies after earning their bachelor’s degree, others do not. Graduates often take positions in a variety of occupations. Human Resources, for example, is a common area where psych majors often flourish.
Some of the most common career areas psychology students eventually find themselves in include social work; health psychology; counseling; or industrial, clinical, cognitive, forensic or school psychology positions.Generally speaking, these types of positions often require a master’s or doctorate degree.
Here are some popular classes.
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology - Integrative Health Psychology
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology - Counseling and Clinical
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology - Biological Psychology